Friday, December 02, 2005

Chocolate Orange Torte

mmm... Chocolate Orange Torte is a great recipie to do around the holidays. I have done this one for the students around christmas last year. It's like eating a piece of fudge, but in the form of a cake. This torte is wheat free so its low on the carbs, well their might be a few things that are not the greatest for you, but its the holidays now you can enjoy for a bit.


1.5 cup Butter
12 oz. Semi Sweet Chocolate (Callebaut Chocolate)
3/4 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Orange Juice
1 tea spoon Vanilla
6 Eggs
White Chocolate Shavings (Callebaut Chocolate)

In a double boiler over hot, not boiling water melt together butter, chocolate, sugar and orange juice, stirring to a blend. Remove from heat and stir in Vanilla and let cool. Whisk in the eggs, and strain through a strainer into a pie dish. Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes, until edge is slightly crusty and middle is just set. Let cool, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 12 hours up to 24. I like to serve it with a raspberry sauce and some White Chocolate Shavings. Enjoy it!

Most of you know that my dad is a baker, well I remember when I was young I would always look for the chocolate. He would be really good at keeping it from me, but their were times when I would find it. I was even called Chocolate Andy form time to time. Well I remember the Chocolate he used was Callebaut Chocolate (There is a link on the side in the food stuff links) I really still like Callebaut Chocolate, but I am cutting back on eating it. But even this morning at work I was using it for a Dessert, I did have a little snack. Belgian Chocolate far out does any Chocolate, Germans have their Milka with the purple Cow, The Brits have Cadbury which is good really really good (It really is Amie I mean it) But I'm form Holland and I don't even think that the dutch can make Chocolate, but the belgians, if it has Callebaut stamped into it, I know its going to be good, White, Milk, and even Dark.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Brown said...

Hi, Andy! I didn't know you had a blog until Aprril updated her links and there I saw your name! Hooray! I'll be checking in for more updates. The dessert looks like a divinity! Are you coming home for Christmas?

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home