Sunday, December 04, 2005

Big Fat Dinner

Today we went to the Mustard Seed annual dinner for the homeless in Victoria.Steve K. and I went down to help with the cooking. Steve and I had one plan and one plan along, by the end of the day we would have every one in the kitchen saying GOOD! Thats really Good, or things like I look Good! I mean I look really good! It was fun! The first person that really said that things were good was our new friend Arron who we can't even look at because he was on T.V. Today because he is one of the students of the Esquimalt School the place where we cooked the meal at, any way he started to say good with us it was GOOD, I mean really GOOD! To the side is our boss Lynn She even started to say that things were Good, but she took a while. I sliced meat the whole time we were their. I'm not sure how much but 1000 people are going to be feed tonight. Something like 600 pounds of potatoes 2 or 3 sacks of onions for the stuffing along plus about 5-6 garbage bags full of bread for the stuffing. Numbers that are really big. Steve and I had a lot of fun, I love to go down and work with them, their real people wanting to serve other real people. Long and hard days they all put into serving the homeless and its easy for me to go down on a sunday and volunteer a couple hours but the people of the Seed do this every day they love the people they work with. this is not just a big dinner to give hand-outs, but more like a family dinner to share with their family.

A Big Thank You to all the volunteers who serve among the home-less, in a soup kitchen or in a clinic where ever, a place to be safe and cared for is what you provide, and most important is your love for them. Caring for them is how you love them!

1 Comments:

Blogger jfur said...

andy is a blogger!!! and he blogs about Jesus and food!!!! my two favourite things!!!

i have a blog too. check it out

http://brandonmusic.blogspot.com/

be so blessed,

brandon

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home