Thursday, February 16, 2006

Where do recipes come from?

Well I cooked lunch for some friends of mine today, and I had some cod in the freezer that I caught this summer, with a loaf of Ciabatta bread from the main hall and great Appy was made!

Slices of bread with some olive oil on top, into the broiler to toast. Then I took a roma tomato and slices on the bread. The cod was marinated in lemon juice, olive oil, and some white wine (my dad made that) for half an hour. Then I warped It with some proscuto (Italian ham) and steamed it for a minute to Finish cooking it. The Lemon juice seemed to cure it so I just wanted to heat the fish through.

Place the fish on top of the bread with the tomato, and a slice of parma regiano on top and broil for a minute, then its done!

Well what was the inspiration for it! I think it was the bread, or the fish, or maybe the ham and cheese that Charlie brought back from his last trip, I'm not sure, but these days I have not really been using recipe's at home, I have been letting the ingedients work, Its fun to open up the fridge and say what can I make. Oh where did I get the idea to let it just happen with out recipe's well his name is Michael Smith!

4 Comments:

Blogger Poetsch Family said...

I would love to try that. It looks really tasty.

8:41 PM  
Blogger K said...

Okay Andy- You need to start your own cooking show. Look at Jamie Oliver! It would be great. I can do the set design. Ed can do the music. What do you say?

3:58 PM  
Blogger K said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

I agree with Kelly! You'd be so good, way better than Jamie Oliver and you've already got the English accent (almost) downâ˜ș. Can I be your Jules? I think she has the best role because in the first few series she's usually the one who gets to come visit at the end and eat the food.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home