Monday, December 05, 2005

Share Christ's love at Christmas with a Russian Child


The Stuff a Stocking Project of Soar international (Soar's Webpage) this is a great way to share with children, what Christmas is.Many of these Children have never been given a gift before. So for them to get a gift is one thing, but that they can open it up, and find that their are gifts inside, is even better. OK so here is the deal $35 is all it costs. What Soar does is they take the money and buy every thing in Russia. Russia likes this it brings in money and takes care of their kids. One of our students here at Capernwray is involved in this wonderful ministry. Its a small version of the Shoe box gifts, form Operation Christmas Child Samaritans Purse I hope you take the time to check out both. I can't wait to be involved. in addition to spending the $35 they also want you to write a short note to one of the children, this is a way to personalize it for them so that when they compare with each other the see that every note is different and specially written to them and only them.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristine Brown said...

Andy! Happy belated Sinterklaas! (did I spell that right?) The family I'm living with has the Dutch Connection and I awoke on Tuesday morning to find my boot filled with candy ... lovely holiday. Thanks for sharing the info about Soar and Samaritan's Purse ... it really does make a huge difference. I heard an interesting fact the other day ... apparently if the whole body of believers across North America were to tithe 10% world hunger would be solved. I don't know if this is true, but the Lord's example of generosity to us is reason enough to be generous. I hope you're well in heart and enjoy your Christmas holiday! Take care to know Him and love others.

-Kristine Brown

11:19 PM  
Blogger K said...

Hi Andy- I love your blog- I have one too now. Peer pressure...

2:08 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Well HHHHEEELLLLOOO!!! What a great blog, although one of the posts is making me feel very hungry! I am really pleased you are going to England this Christmas, how exciting! I'm afraid I have to inform you though that Santa never goes there, I hope you're Ok with that? Instead Mr Bean makes the rounds....scary I know! Anyways, we must chat soon, hope things are going well my delectable chum!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Mr BEAN!!!! Hannah Price, where DO you get your information???? Don't listen to her Andy, Don't listen! If Sinter Klass was able to make it to Capernwray a couple of years ago (with carol singers) I'm pretty sure Santa can make it to England!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home