Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The art of food~

I love food, I love eating food, looking at food, and making it. I love making it look good. There is nothing more exciting to me than a plate that looks really cool with sauces and different colors that make a plate shine.

This picture I took at the Sooke Harbor House, at first glance they look like flower arrangements but really they are very fancy meals on a plate. As a chef you always want to do different things, adding colors that change the way it looks. Sauces that change the taste. The meat can be the same, and yet it could taste so different, depending what you do with it.

I love food, one of the things that I really like is going to town, like today I went on what we call Town run, were I buy food for the school, What I really like about it is I see all the ingredients and I can touch them, and smell, and really know if I want to use them. The Market is great; I love to buy vegetables from there. Safe of Foods is great not only because I see new products that we can use but also because the people that work there are great, today they gave me 9000 extra save on more points, yeah they really like me.

I love the new places that I find as well Like Amie and I's favorite bakery, its called the True Grain Bakery we love it, they make all there own bread. Organic grain that they mill them selves, the bread is so good. They make the best Chocolate buns.

I also love cheese, mmm so good, fresh goats milk cheese, there is a place I found one day its called Hillary’s cheese, and this man makes all his own cheese.

More and more I hope to find more places like the bakery and cheese place to find more local and 'Organic' ingredients now as most of you know I'm not a Organic kind of guy, but I do like the Idea of it, and today as I hear on the news the government is trying to make it more consistent. I never believed that it was consistent. I found it hard to buy Organic butter for $8 instead of $4 per pound when you can't really taste the difference.

I love food, I get excited about it, but you know who I love, Amie, I love Amie I love talking to her, seeing her, spending time with her she is so wonderful to me, she is the most wonderful thing thats happened to me. Thank you Amie for being so good and special to me.

andy

7 Comments:

Blogger K said...

awwww. Andy- so glad you are happy. Also, although I lack in the food skills area, I do understand your passion for it and it's artform. I get excited when I see certain colours, textures etc... and get an idea for a painting. I love your comment on my blog also. I am going to do something artsy with one of my photos of you and email it!!

9:13 PM  
Blogger DyerKids said...

I thought you liked FOOD!!! and antie amie so your favourite thing is to eat with auntie amie!!! oh by the way your RUBISH AT MONOPOLY!!!!! remember bring a BIG chocolate cake.

by the way this is HALANDRA!!!

5:38 AM  
Blogger Poetsch Family said...

You are so sweet Andy. I am so happy for you and Amie.

We also like food in our house, but we don't take pics of them - only when it doesn't turn out. I will post them one day soon. Trying to make bread was a disaster.

Anyways I am glad things are good. Talk to you soon.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Lemonade said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Things that make you go AWWWWWW! The last paragraph of this post! Hope it's not too long till you two get a chance to hang out again!!!

5:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy
I love looking at your website. But it doesn't change to much.I know not mine either but hopefully that will change to
Mom

10:09 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Hey Andy, it's your long lost cousin!!! I'm bloggin' now too, so keep in touch!

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home