Sunday, December 24, 2006

Our Trip to Durham

Amie and I went up to Durham for a couple of days. We went up because she wanted to show me where she has spent the last year and a half! It was a wonderful time to see this beautiful place! I Just loved the whole thing! I'll tell you a little about the place! This first picture is of one of the bridges going into the town sqaure. I wanted to put in a picture of the Square as well, but it did not work.This is a sign post. Legend has it that When C.S. Lewis was in durham, one of these lamposts was his insperation for Narnia!
This is Prebends Bridge .
This was the view from the front of St. Marys Collage where Amie, Lived in her first year. You can almost see the Cathedral from any were in town. Its very impressive.
This is Amie, at St. Marys, Its the sign.
This is Amie, at her house in Durham.
This is Amie, at Brown sugar we had Hot Chocolates there! They were a little on the sweet side of things!
We walked round a lot, we went out for some really good meals, we enjoyed the train ride, it was such a wonderful time! I Can't wait to go back some day, its such a picture perfect place, old buildings and cool rivers, and stone steets! I really liked it!

2 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Wow. I could totally live there. I will be sure to tell Aliah about CS Lewis. She is a huge fan (who's not?) Just read Amie's blog (and Nigel's) and saw all the great photos. Look's like you are all having a great visit. Have a great Christmas and hope to se you soon! The kids say hi too.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Dave Webster said...

Hi Andy - I live in Durham and often walk over Prebends Bridge and think of Narnia when I see the lamp post - because Narnia is within us

Peace

Dave

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home