Saturday, January 21, 2006

Cooking Lessons... How do you boil water?

Well I have had a few guys ask me if I would take the time to teach them how to cook. As I was thinking about that I took some time to think about who was asking. Ryan who just asked Alexis to Marry him. Edwin who has also asked Heather to marry him, and then Cam who will... well I'll let him tell you about how he feels for Cassie! But from what I see I think he has reason to as well. So three guys with lots of reason to learn how to cook. So what do you teach three guys who are getting married soon. Well I think of the basics I guess. So we started last week. The very first lessons. How to Chop veggies. Mirepoix (2 Part Onion, 1 Part Carrot and 1 Part Celery) and that's the base for most soups and sauces. So why not start with a soup. A soup that I thought would be very important is Chicken noodle soup, for those days that she is not feeling well. Last week I asked them to bring pen and paper because things are going to pick up.
This week with pen in hand, we keep going with Mirepoix and move into sauces. Tomato sauce and a white sauce. The white sauce went really well, we added some cheese and put it on to some pasta. MMM it was great. So I think that they will be able by the end of it, cook a great meal for their wives, if any thing make them some soup if their not well.

Some Quotes:

Edwin Said "I have never cooked like this before, all I knew was 'high and off' but there is medium and low as well on a stove, that's amazing"

Ryan said " Alexis is going to love that I can cook!"

Oh P.S. Ladies the last picture of the guys cleaning was partly posed. That's right they may look like their cleaning, but in truth their just standing their, and where is Ryan "oh sorry guys I have to run now! By the end of the year they will know how to do dishes really good! That can be a whole class!

3 Comments:

Blogger Poetsch Family said...

Ok I am very impressed with you Andy. What a nice thing you are doing for those future wives. Yeah for them and you.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Kristine Brown said...

Wow, this is amaazing! But call domestics CSI because one of the teaspoons next to the salmon is crooked. I can't believe i just said that. Yikes! Well seriously, it's great to see what you're up to these days!

10:18 AM  
Blogger K said...

Do you give online cooking classes?

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home